1.) What ministry opportunities do we see that will move us FORWARD with this project?
The main reason for this project is that God continues to bless the preaching of his word at St. Matthew’s. We are excited and passionate about reaching more and more people with the love of Jesus. This project boldly moves us FORWARD to do that.
2.) Why do we need to operate with a sense of urgency to get the next phase completed?
We have many new families joining but we are lacking adequate space for them in worship on Sunday mornings. This has been the case for quite a few years. Research tells us that when a church is 80% full – it’s full. While our present sanctuary can fit just over 300, a “full church” really is about 250. This leaves little room for future growth and guests. A new sanctuary that seats 550 and adequate parking will help us meet this need.
3.)When can I give?
Our FORWARD campaign begins now and concludes December 2024.
4.) How can I give?
- Check/Cash – 818 W. Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
- Text to Give – “Cardinals” to 73256, Select “FORWARD 2024”
- Online – SMLS.ORG, Give, Select “FORWARD 2024”
5.) What does our timeline look like to complete the next phase of our Brown Street campus?
- Floorplans and elevation renderings – Early September
- Capital Campaign Begins – September & October
- Open forum to review design, costs, financial plan – October-November
- Voters meeting for Approval to Proceed with build – November
- Commitment Sunday – December 5, 2021
- Catalysts begins quoting with contractors and orders materials – Winter 2021-22
- Groundbreaking – Spring 2022
- Dedication Service – Spring 2023