God has showered us with so many blessings. Blessing that we may take for granted sometimes like food, home, shelter, work, etc. Many in our communities are facing unique challenges with the Covid-19 virus and the restrictions resulting from it. Our Board of Outreach sees this as a wonderful opportunity to share these blessings and to reflect the love of Christ with those in need in our community. Here are some opportunities for us to “Care for Oconomowoc”:
DETAILS TO OPPORTUNITIES:
- Each One Reach 5: Each member of St. Matthew’s reach out to 5 people you know and ask how they are doing and if they need anything. Meet the needs of our neighbors the best we can by reflecting the love of Christ. Pray for them!
- Food Drive: We will host a Food Drive on Saturday, May 2 and Saturday, May 9 from 9:00 – 12:00 p.m at church. (You may also drop off on Sunday mornings until 11:00 a.m., those weekends). Please visit our Facebook page and website for specific details.
- Monetary Donations: We are collecting monetary donations to support the Lake Area Free Clinic and the Oconomowoc Food Pantry. These donations will help these agencies support our community and its needs both now and in the future. Our goal is to gather $2,000 in support of these agencies. Over $500 has already been generously donated to kickstart us in reaching our goal. You may mail or drop off your donation at the church office, or give online and mark your donation “Caring for Oconomowoc.”
- Donations to Police Department: The city of Oconomowoc Police Department is in need of hand sanitizer, XL Nitro gloves, and face masks. These items could be dropped off at the same time as the food drive.
- Art for Shorehaven: Some of our school grade levels are working on art project decorations to be hung in a window to help brighten the days of the Shorehaven residents in this time of loneliness and isolation. All are welcome to help with this art project and put your craft skills to good use. You can drop off artwork at the church office and it will be delivered to Shorehaven residents.
- Further Support: We are continuing to develop and identify further opportunities to care for Oconomowoc and the surrounding communities. Please look for more information in the near future.
Thank you for your generosity and showing the love of Christ in our communities.