At First Steps, our Four Year old classroom is to provide a diverse and challenging environment. We recognize that children learn in different ways, therefore we teach and work with each child as a unique individual to help them become a successful lifelong learner. Each child has individualized lessons and goals that meets their basic knowledge, skills and needs.
Research-based and child-focused HighScope Curriculum is integrated into each of our classrooms. We support our students as they grow in:
- Social and Emotion Development
- Small and Large Motor Development
- Sensory Development
- Creativity and Imagination
- Language and Communication Development
- Cognition and General Knowledge
- Exploration, Discovery and Problem Solving
- Mathematical and Scientific Thinking
We include daily Bible stories and songs that share the love of Jesus with them throughout his or her day.
Each of our classrooms encourages parents to be an active part of their child’s care and learning. We welcome parents to observe and interact with their child in the classroom.
- Family photo
- Change of clothing including underwear, socks, pants, and shirts that are appropriate for the season
- Blanket for naptime
- Sunscreen (signed authorization is required)
- Food for breakfast if arrival is before 7:30 am (optional)
- Clothing suitable for outside play for each season.