At First Steps, our Infants ages 9 months to 18 months start learning basic social skills. Through a variety of learning experiences we help them develop at their own pace. We provide opportunities for parallel and small group play to encourage sharing, using kind words, and expressing feelings appropriately in a Christian environment. Each child has individualized lessons and goals that enhance their basic knowledge and skills.
Research-based and child-focused HighScope Curriculum is integrated into each of our classrooms which includes playtime with age appropriate toys, stories, music and movement, art, sign language, small and gross motor activities, and exploring the outdoors. We include daily Bible stories and songs that share the love of Jesus with them throughout their day. The combination of these activities provide an atmosphere that supports cognition and social development as they transition into our toddler program.
Each of our classrooms encourages parents to be an active part of their child’s care and learning. We welcome parents to observe and interact with their child in the classroom.
- Family photo
- Infant formula prepared in bottles or breast milk in bottles or frozen in insert bags
- Food for breakfast if arrival is before 7:30 am (optional)
- Baby wipes
- Lotions (diaper cream, sunscreen, etc. signed authorization is required)
- Two full changes of clothing including socks, pants, and shirts that are appropriate for the season
- Clothing suitable for outside play for each season.