You will find the members of St. Matthew’s faculty to be dedicated and hardworking,with a desire to serve not only the children in their classrooms but the families of those children as well.
Since the teachers in our Lutheran elementary school are called by the congregation to “assist parents” in the task of training a child in the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6), their counseling and discipline involves the use of both Law and Gospel. The Law is used to bring the child to a knowledge of his sins, and the Gospel is used to bring the child to the knowledge of his Savior and an awareness of the Savior’s forgiveness. The teacher in the classroom acts as a representative and substitute for the parents during the hours of the school day. Each child at St. Matthew’s is viewed by the faculty as a redeemed child God, and all disciplining at St. Matthew’s is an outgrowth of love for the child.
- 3K and 4K | Amber Terry & Andrea Neumann
- Kindergarten | Beth Ziel
- First Grade | Amy Mamerow
- Second Grade | Michelle Myers
- Third Grade | Katie Schlomer
- Fourth Grade | Joy Elowski
- Fifth Grade | Deborah Schramm
- Sixth Grade | Justin Wiechmann
- Seventh Grade || Eric Paulsen
- Eighth Grade || Eric Ziel
You are invited and encouraged to stop in to meet our teachers and see for yourself.