You will find the members of St. Matthew’s faculty to be dedicated and hardworking,with a desire to serve not only the children in their classrooms but the families of those children as well.
Since the teachers in our Lutheran elementary school are called by the congregation to “assist parents” in the task of training a child in the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6), their counseling and discipline involves the use of both Law and Gospel. The Law is used to bring the child to a knowledge of his sins, and the Gospel is used to bring the child to the knowledge of his Savior and an awareness of the Savior’s forgiveness. The teacher in the classroom acts as a representative and substitute for the parents during the hours of the school day. Each child at St. Matthew’s is viewed by the faculty as a redeemed child God, and all disciplining at St. Matthew’s is an outgrowth of love for the child.
- 3K | Beth Plitzuweit
- 4K | Elizabeth Schmidt
- Kindergarten | Beth Ziel
- First Grade | Amy Mamerow
- Second Grade | Melissa Heuer
- Third Grade | Katie Schlomer
- Fourth Grade | Joy Elowski
- Fifth Grade | Elizabeth Johnson
- Sixth Grade / Social Studies | Justin Wiechmann
- Seventh Grade / Science | Eric Paulsen
- Eighth Grade | Eric Ziel
- Eighth Grade / Language Arts | Deborah Schramm
You are invited and encouraged to stop in to meet our teachers and see for yourself.